The MediHeal Group of Hospitals is the leading largest healthcare service provider in East Africa with high focus on quality, cost effective & world-class healthcare, and respect for human beings. What started with one hospital 14 years ago in Kenya , has now expanded to 10 locations treating more than 1.5 million patients. Driven by a strong interdisciplinary collaboration, the teams of accomplished medical experts deliver personalized and exemplary patient care across 25+ specialties leveraging the most advanced evidence-based medicine and cutting-edge technology.
The Group is professionally governed by highly experiences Board of Directors with various committees and sub-committees.
We are offering the full spectrum of integrated healthcare services from clinics to hospitals to tertiary care and a wide range of ancillary services.
- A group of 10 tertiary care centers (Nairobi, Eldoret, Nakuru & Kigali)
- 1200+ session over 25 specialties
- 400+ beds and 100+ dialysis beds
- Six Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machines
- Seven Computerized Tomography (CT) Scanners
- Ten modern specialty-specific modular Operation Theatres
- Only hospital in the region offering Pediatric Endocrinology services
- Fully-equipped Neurosurgery theatre, which includes CUSA, Navigation, Advanced Endoscopic systems, HEPA Filter operation theatres with laminar air flow specially equipped transplant ICUs with 0% surgical infections. excision complete removal
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services
Medical Care for International Patients
Mediheal Hospitals in Kenya is catering to the healthcare needs of patients travelling from different geographies like Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Uganda, S. Sudan, and Congo to name a few at very affordable cost. We offer accessible and adequate healthcare services and making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients for better health.
The Achievements We Have Pioneered
The Group has two facilities in Nairobi, and one each in Eldoret, Nakuru, and Kigali, offering tertiary level, diagnostic and therapeutic services. Within these facilities we attend to major and minor surgeries along with primary and tertiary healthcare services. We have pioneered many innovations and healthcare standards while attending to medical and surgical patients including but not limited to trauma, neurology, cardiac, renal, gynaecology, and gastroenterology.
Some of the achievements that we have pioneered:
- 1000+ IVF cycles per year – Mediheal Hospitals delivered the First IVF baby in Rwanda
- First laparoscopic donor nephrectomy for renal transplant in East Africa.
- More than 50 Renal Transplants with highest success rates in Africa
- First Thoracic paraspinal tumour confirmed to be Paraganglioma (Thoracic Pheochromocytoma) in Africa
- Pioneers in the field of non-invasive pain management and cosmetic surgery
- First in the region for complete removal of endoscopic transsphenoidal pituitary
- Treating the case of post inflammatory cervical kyphosis with quadriplegia and respiratory distress
- Rare case of dorsal dermoid tumor with tethering of dorsal cord
Our centers of excellence
- Woman and Child Care (Neonatology)
- Assisted Reproductive Technique (IVF).
- Advanced Neurology/Neurosurgery.
- Non-invasive pain management and Spine Surgery.
- Joint Replacement & Reconstructive Surgery (Shoulder/Knee/Hip).
- Organ Transplant (Liver & Kidney)
- Minimally invasive GI surgery
- Dental & Cosmetic Surgery
To be the most responsive and innovative healthcare provider, thus positively impacting communities in Africa and beyond.
- To provide medical care of international standards that is affordable by every individual
- To achieve and maintain excellence in health education and research and provide for the benefit of humanity
- To transcend the realm of curative care with a new focus on preventive care
- To build an infrastructure that will create an environment to protect and nurture our future generation
- Sense of Urgency
- Respect for people
Our differentiators as world class healthcare providers are:
- We do not collect any deposit when patients get registered to be admitted.
- We have invested in state-of-the-art ICU equipment and provide top notch ICU services across our locations.
- We are the pioneers in IVF treatment with the highest success rate in the region.
- One of the top celebrated Gynaecologists is available round-the-clock to take care of the needs of the patients.
- We provide comprehensive orthopaedic services managed by our committed in-house Orthopaedic surgeons.
- We have resident doctors available 24/7.
- We have affiliations with all insurance companies and corporate clients and are supported by a range of specialty doctors.
- We have state-of-the art operating theatres that have a committed team of experts providing extraordinary service.
- Our Advanced Pathology services includes a range of over 4500 tests.
- We have a dedicated team of in-house Radiologists who manage our Radiology services that include MRI, CT, X-ray, Ultrasound, Mammography, ECO, and ECG.
- We have installed state-of-the art Haemodialysis units and provide continuous dialysis support to our patients.
- We have introduced innovative Non-invasive Pain Management treatments with endoscopic disc operations.
- Our exclusive and cutting-edge Cosmetology and Plastic Surgery department is headed by some of the world-renowned specialists.
- We have introduced many day care procedures, innovative keyhole surgeries with minimum stay in the hospital.